“Our working groups will enable DSC members to shape how digital ink innovations become part of a larger digital stationery market.”
– Masahiko Yamada, DSC Chairman.
Customer Use Cases Work Group
Chair: Markus Weber, Wacom
Vice Chair: Felix Obschonka, Montblanc
Scope of work: Analyze leading markets and identify promising use cases which makes creative ideation, workflows and collaboration more intuitive, simple, natural, effective and efficient. The focus is to address user’s problems and to uncover underlying needs – in conjunction with the DSC Digital Ink technology vision.
- Develop use cases based on the dev community, market research, analysis with legal and technology implications.
- Proof of concept demos to make concepts tangible and to perform real-life user studies.
- Derive whitepapers and communication assets which support market evangelism, business development and new product development.
- Joint Inkathons to engage with developers and start-ups with the goal to stimulate new use case ideas
Technology Work Group
Chair: Markus Weber, Wacom
Vice Chair: Joohoon Lee, Samsung
Scope of work: Investigate and discuss how Digital Ink can be combined or integrated into upcoming, trending technologies. To evaluate technologies, the workgroup can initiate a proof of concept, e.g. prototype for Digital Ink in Virtual Reality.
Focus on technologies: VR/AR, AI, IoT, Cloud / ecosystems
- Define Requirements for Digital Ink technology to enable new use cases based on VR, AR and 3D
- Technical expert community to represent DSC in industry
- Proof of concepts / prototypes for the usage of Digital Ink with new technologies such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Deep Learning, Digital Ink in the cloud, or multi-modal sensor-technologies
- Evaluation and integration of start-ups in vision roadmap
- Vision roadmap and paper on promising technology
Developer Engagement Work Group
Chair: Ken Kasischke, Wacom
Scope of work: To pool the relevant resources of all DSC member companies to engage the global developer community in the most efficient, effective and convincing way. Main content for this will be deliverables of the work groups “Technology” and “Use Cases”. In addition build a community of developers that can be accessed by DSC members to support go-to-market of new products or to validate new concepts.
Goals: Push developments and projects around Digital Ink and leverage the usage of the WILL:
- Development of compelling value proposition(s)
- Pool the Marcomm / reach of all DSC members to align, create and execute high impact engagement campaigns
- Execution of joint Hackathon(s) and Meetup(s)
- Representation and evangelism at developer conferences and events
- Win developers as members, distribute 3k WILL licenses